anyone can show me how to make a Product from nothing?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlShammari
    • Jul 2007
    • 3.6.x

anyone can show me how to make a Product from nothing?

Hi,

i know php mysql etc.
    i know what is the product
    i know what is plugin
    i know what is hook
    i know what is template

but i don't know how to make a product using all of the above items. :\

they say that plugin is normal php coding!!! but how can i see the output.. how to connect it with the forum??

if there is anyone can help. just tell me how to do this.

i want to make a product do this:
    search the database. select the users information.
    making a DHTML menu with multilevel to show users information
    connecting this DHTML menu any please i want (lets say in the navbar as menu same search menu etc but with multilevel menu).

information to show each username has menu that i can see how many PM's he/she has and how many threads and posts...etc. any informations that i can show from the database for some queries.

why vbulletin documentation has nothing about how to realy make products? they only have few things and they are useleass for me.

i search this forums but nothing helpfull and the search system here is realy sucks.

nobody can learn anything here

provide me all the information about products as much as you can or give me sample product that use everything that products can do. even if it's a test products.

where is the developers?
    help please make some replies.

• vbplusme
    • Sep 2008
    • 3.7.x

My suggestion is to start here:

Then take a hike over to vbulletin.org and download a few of the products that you might be interested in seeing how they did it. Analyze the product-something.xml file. It contains all the instructions required to build and install the product on a vbulletin site. You can learn a lot by disecting what other people have already done.

HTH

Comment

• AlShammari
      • Jul 2007
      • 3.6.x

thanks for you reply vbplusme,

i did read the documentation files.

i don't want the xml instructions required i know it already.

but i want to know detailed information about products, plugins and pre-cached templates. that i can do my own products. i don't want to copy the others coding style. i have my own style that i understand. even if i read any xml product from vbulletin.org or any other site they use one or two hooks or adding new templates or using extra php files and use the xml to make links only. even if i read a very good xml product i will find it hard coded that as i think the programer don't need anyone to understand or copy what he did. plus the xml file give me headack

OK, let's make it simple.

i want this things:
      - vbulletin options. (e.g. $vbulltin['userid']).. i want complete list of vbulletin options.
      - vbulletin hooks, complete list of vbulletin hooks and what they do, and how to use it.
      - how to send the output to a template without coding the template. pre-cached templates.

all the products that i saw use few things of vbulletin options and vbulletin hooks. so how to use the other hooks and for what they use?

the idea is that i want to know how to create new and control corrent plugins, templates and pages using only one XML product file.

thats all.

i need information. detailed documentations etc.

and some products has bugs so the products codding in vbulletin.org not a good learning method. it's just how they do it and what they use.
      Last edited by AlShammari; Fri 2 Jan '09, 10:26pm.

Comment

• Andreas
        • Feb 2004

i don't want to copy the others coding style.
        vBulletin has code standards, and you should obey to them if you are going to develop vBulletin Add-ons: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/codestandards

- vbulletin options. (e.g. $vbulltin['userid']).. i want complete list of vbulletin options.
        Take a look at install/vbulletin-settings.xml

- vbulletin hooks, complete list of vbulletin hooks and what they do, and how to use it.
        You can find a complete list in includes/xml/hooks_vbulletin.xml
        They are all doing the same: Execute the PHP code attached to the hook at the position they are placed in the files. To use them, just create Plug-ins attached to the hook you want ot use.

- how to send the output to a template without coding the template.
        Sorry, but I do not understand this question.

If you want to to use a template to generate the final output for the browser use
        PHP Code:
        eval('print_output("' fetch_template('template') . '");'); 
        Where template is the title of the template you would like to use, for example GENERIC_SHELL.

pre-cached templates.
        How to cache templates depends on the sitation:
        If you want to cache templates in qour own files use $glocaltemplates, $actiontemplates prior to calling global.php
        If you want to cache templates in already existing (eg standard vBulletin scripts), create an appropriate Plug-in for for hook cache_templates to add your template title to $globaltemplates.

and some products has bugs so the products codding in vbulletin.org not a good learning method.
        You are right, but it is still the best source of information
        Take a start here:

Last edited by Andreas; Sat 3 Jan '09, 3:58am.

Comment

• AlShammari
          • Jul 2007
          • 3.6.x

Andreas realy thanks,

that's what i'm talking about. you are a helpfull person.

regards

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...