• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glennybee
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.7.x

Paid Subscriptions - Usergroup after expiration

Hi folks,

What usergroup does a user go to once a subscription has expired?

I have set up a subscription to move the user to a 'Supporters' usergroup that has extra permissions. But what happens when the subscription expires, do they stay in that usergroup? Or is the promotions cron clever enough to move them back to their appropriate usergroup?

Also, when I edit the description of a subscription, it doesn't show immediately in the payments.php page, why is this? And can I run a specific cron to hurry it up?

Thanks
    Last edited by glennybee; Sat 27 Dec '08, 6:54pm.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by glennybee
    What usergroup does a user go to once a subscription has expired?
    They are moved into their previous group from before they purchased the subscription. Their previous group is recorded when they purchase the subscription.

Originally posted by glennybee
    Also, when I edit the description of a subscription, it doesn't show immediately in the payments.php page, why is this? And can I run a specific cron to hurry it up?
    It should show immediately. I am not aware of any delay in updating those descriptions. Maybe you are viewing a cached page in your browser.

Comment

• glennybee
      • Feb 2008
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      They are moved into their previous group from before they purchased the subscription. Their previous group is recorded when they purchase the subscription.
      Thanks Jake, good to know.

It should show immediately. I am not aware of any delay in updating those descriptions. Maybe you are viewing a cached page in your browser.
      You're probably right, I do have XCache installed, thank you!

Comment

• glennybee
        • Feb 2008
        • 3.7.x

I've set the Subscription to change the primary usergroup and someone has recently subscribed to it but it only added the usergroup as an additional group and didn't change him to primary. Do I have the settings correct?

I don't want to have to manually change the display usergroup for every subscription.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

If the subscription is setup to change only the primary group then it should do exactly that. Note that users cannot belong to the same group twice, so if they are already a member of that group as their primary group then that might foul things up.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...