Product Installation - Importing Product, Please Wait...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toups
    • Aug 2008

Product Installation - Importing Product, Please Wait...

Yes I realize this would probably be better suited at vbulletin.org however I believe it is more of a technical question for my server problem then any modification specific problem seeing as tons of other people have gotten it on tons of products, not just the one I'm trying to install.

Anywho here's my issue:

I had been using the product Forum Tournaments & Ladders for sometime upgrading it as it went along with some nice updates and addons. It worked great for me until version 2.5.7/2.5.8 (now on 2.7.3). The issue is after 2.5.7/8 every time I've tried to install the product whether it be completely newly installing it or overwriting a previous version it sits there at
    Importing Product, Please Wait...

[:]

and says Done on the page.

Now if I look through my admin cp it installed some parts of the mod but not even close to all of it, none of the permission options are there, the options in vbulletin options isn't there, etc.

My question is why would this product just freeze and not install?

I've asked for the author's help on it but he cannot provide it nor could any of the authors for the same problem of the other mods making me believe its not a problem with the products but the people's servers trying to install them.

So wondering if there is any known thing that would cause a product to just stop trying to install and sit at Importing Product, Please Wait forever..
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Toups
    My question is why would this product just freeze and not install?
    Any number of reasons actually. However we cannot provide support for third-party products. If it is all products that are causing this problem, then it is most likely something that has changed on your server and you will need to make sure that things like wait_timeout, max_packet_size and PHP upload settings haven't been changed.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Toups
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Any number of reasons actually. However we cannot provide support for third-party products. If it is all products that are causing this problem, then it is most likely something that has changed on your server and you will need to make sure that things like wait_timeout, max_packet_size and PHP upload settings haven't been changed.
      well it's weird because only one product does it to me, but products that work for me do the same thing to other people.. so I don't really know.. where would I check these things:
      wait_timeout, max_packet_size and PHP upload settings?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...