Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upuaut
    • Aug 2001

upgrading from 3.6.8 PL2 to 3.7

I downloaded 3.7.0 upgrade files, followed instructions through the 5 upgrade screens saying 'okay' in all steps.

Once done with step 5 i get redirected to the admin panel. The top line still reads 'Admin Control Panel (vBulletin 3.6.8 Patch Level 2)'

Did it get upgraded? I didn't get any errors!!

help.
    thanks.
  • slappy
    • Apr 2003

Probably one of the files did not upload correctly and you should upload them again and run the upgrade script again.

However, why are you not upgrading to the full current secure version 3.7.4 PL1?? Unless you just used shorthand for 3.7.4, your 3.7.0 version would still have the XSS flaw and be subject to attack. Just a word of caution.

Regards,
    Last edited by slappy; Tue 25 Nov '08, 7:41pm.
    Slappy

Comment

• upuaut
      • Aug 2001

I didn't know i could upgrade in one step to 3.7.4. Thought it safer to get from 3.6.x to 3.7.0 then patch it.

Is it safe after the first upgrade to re-upgrade to 3.7.4?
      thanks.
      kal.

Comment

• slappy
        • Apr 2003

Yes. Each of the new versions has all the files to upgrade from a major version number. By that I mean that the 3.7.4 version should be able to take any 3.0.0 version on up and bring it up to 3.7.4. It checks what version you are running and then takes you through all the steps, one at a time, until you arrive at 3.7.4.

Regards,
        Slappy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...