X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abroad
    • Mar 2007
    • 3.6.x

How can members change Date of Birth?

Is there a setting so that members can change their own date of birth on their profile?

At the moment it says that only the administrator can change the date of birth.
  • slappy
    • Apr 2003

In the UserCP there is a setting to permit the User to change their date of birth. It says:

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below. However, the user should still be able to change the option, themselves in their userCP.

If the user set that privacy option, only the admin can change it.

The other possibility is that you have set the usergroup settings so they can not change this information.

They should be able to edit their birthday in their:

User CP -> Edit Profile

Assuming they have permission to edit their profile:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can Edit Own Profile

Check that this person's usergroup is permitted to edit their own profile.

Regards,
    Slappy

Comment

• abroad
      • Mar 2007
      • 3.6.x

I have set the permission that users can edit their profile. However in usercp I can only see that they can make their profile either hide or make public but not that they can change their date of birth there.

Comment

• djrichards
        • Sep 2007
        • 3.6.x

I'd like to know the correct answer to this, too.

I don't think slappy is correct. My User CP does not allow users to change their birthday anywhere that I can find and they have full permissions to edit their profiles. There has to be something else other than what slappy mentions, no?

Regards,

DJ Richards
        Last edited by djrichards; Sun 21 Dec '08, 8:49pm.

Comment

• djrichards
          • Sep 2007
          • 3.6.x

Just found the answer in another forum post here.

You have to set "Require Date of Birth" to "No" in the User Profile Options.

I think this is rather odd, though. I'd like to be able require birth date but allow users to change it. I have hundreds of users with inaccurate birth dates because of having ported over from SMF.

Comment