Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doug Nelson
    • Aug 2001

Human Verification Intermittent

Not frequently, but at least a couple of times per day I'll get complaints that my hv questions can't be answered. They work for hundreds of users, but one or two per day (or so) can't get it to work, even when trying multiple times (I have rotating questions). I've verified they are typing in the correct answers, and I have the answers set up so it's not case sensitive and there are multiple ways to answer correctly (ie: 5, five, etc.).

I'm using 3.7.4
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Unless you can duplicate this problem yourself I would suspect human error.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Doug Nelson
      • Aug 2001

I was inclined to agree with you the first couple of times, but now I'm getting one or two per day (I just got another that prompted this post). I can't replicate it, and they claim to be trying different browsers.

It may be that 1% of my users can't type accurately, but many claim it won't accept their answer to any of the rotating questions.

Comment

• Andy
        • Jan 2002
        • 4.1.x

Hi Doug,

I suggest you change it to just one question with only one correct answer and see if that corrects the problem. That is the way I have my forum set up and it works perfect to keep out the spam bots.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...