Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carsafety
    • Jan 2003

Stack overflow at line: 0

A number of members on my forums (including me) are suddenly getting this Windows Internet Explorer popup error notification:

Stack overflow at line: 0

It started today. I have made no changes at all to the software in at least a week and hadn't even been in the admin control panel in a couple days. I'm checking to see if the provider made any changes or upgrades. I've googled it and searched here, but nothing obvious comes up that would be something to cause a number of users to suddenly have the same problem on Vbulletin.

I suppose it could have been the result of some Microsoft automatic update for those of us using IE7, but aside from that I can't seem to come up with a cause or possible fix.

It doesn't crash anything and there doesn't seem to be any other issue, but it is annoying.

Any ideas?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I am not familiar with that error. What is the context of the error? Is it shown as a javascript error, PHP error, or database error? Can you post a link to the page that is generating the error?

Comment

• Carsafety
      • Jan 2003

It is definitely a browser error, it doesn't specify anything else in the popup window.

I now believe it is related to a new Google advertisement that is incompatible with IE but works on Firefox, Mac and other browsers. Trying to confirm this, but it seems to make sense. Hard to find a page that reproduces the offending ad often enough yet.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Ah ok. It sounds like you are on the right track. You just need to be systematic about it to isolate the problem.

Comment