• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 10smom
    • May 2007
    • 4.0.x

Update

Host Gator fixed the problem. Here is what they said

"It looks as if you were coming up on a Mod_security issue. This has been fixed and if you would please retest this and see that it is working again."

My question is, was this issue on server end or on vbulletin end? if vbulletin end, what did they do to fix so I know what to do next time?

Thanks to all who posted to this tread and made suggestions!!

Comment

• ©™®B.R.H.O.M©™®
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.6.x

I checked the phpinfo and it looks like that may be it! The build date si oct 28th and the last time I got a feed was Oct 27th.

How do I fix?
      ReD CoDe
      BRHOOM

Comment

• 10smom
        • May 2007
        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by ©™®B.R.H.O.M©™®
        I checked the phpinfo and it looks like that may be it! The build date si oct 28th and the last time I got a feed was Oct 27th.

How do I fix?

follow the step I di after I discovered that was it. Basically your host needs to fix. They fixed by turning of mod_secrity or something. they will need access to you admincp here is last email I received from email when I asked them How the fixed!

The mod_security rule removal for your account should have fixed this, but perhaps the Apache service was not restarted after the rule was removed, and was restarted later which is why you may have seen the issue at first.

Ihave no clue what that means but I assume (?) that was all server end?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Mod_security is a server issue. I've never seen that cause this particular issue so it was good of your host to let you know that so you could share this with us.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• 10smom
            • May 2007
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Mod_security is a server issue. I've never seen that cause this particular issue so it was good of your host to let you know that so you could share this with us.
            Thanks steve for the info!

I am glad I can finally contribute some info after the millions of questions I have had to asK.

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Great to hear you got it fixed! And, as Steve said, thanks for sharing because I had never heard of mod_security causing problems in this area before either. You posting about it here may help someone else who has the issue.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...