X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 10smom
    • May 2007
    • 4.0.x

RSS Feed stop working

After almost 3 months of feed working fine. All of a sudden the feed is no longer working. I went to check the setting and nothing has change. I went to the site and recopied the rss feed link and pasted in the box provide in admincp. It is still not working.

the address does work in my rss feed reader on my computer. I did notice when I click on the rss feed it goes to my reader and not to the site! What has happen to my feed? Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by 10smom; Sat 8 Nov '08, 6:13am.
  • 10smom
    • May 2007
    • 4.0.x

anybody know how to fix?

Comment

• 10smom
      • May 2007
      • 4.0.x

my rss still not working. I would appreciated some suggestion on how to fix. thanks

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Are you talking about a feed you are having make posts in a forum (if so, a link to the feed would help) or your own vb feed at yoursite.com/external.php ?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• 10smom
          • May 2007
          • 4.0.x

Here is the rss link to the site that is suppose to be feeding into a forum I have set up:

It was working perfect for 3 months now no long working. Not sure what is wrong w/ vb that ins preventing it from working now!

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

It works just fine on my test site. Are you sure the RSS Scheduled Task is running?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• 10smom
              • May 2007
              • 4.0.x

The box is checked and it looks like it checked feed about 6 minutes ago!

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Have you tried clicking on reset on the feed? Have you tried deleting the feed and re-adding it?

Comment

• 10smom
                  • May 2007
                  • 4.0.x

I just checked the preview. (did not know that was there) and it is feeding fine into preview. It is just not feeding into the forum I have selected for it. I had reset it early and redid the urls paste. Just reset again! anything else? Thanks for the help

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

I would delete it and then add it again, not just redo the url in the page. If that doesn't work.... have you tried running the Scheduled Task for the feeds manually? Have you tried to see if another feed will work on your site?

Comment

• 10smom
                      • May 2007
                      • 4.0.x

Hey lynn thanks for the help so far

i deleted the whole feed and started over. still not feeding in to forum although I do see it in preview.

How do you schedule task manually? I could try that!

Comment

• 10smom
                        • May 2007
                        • 4.0.x

I created a need feed using a espn link and again I saw it in preview . It showed the time it was last checked which was about 5 minutes ago. But that feed is not feeding into the Forum I have selected as well.

Does it have anything to do w/ cookie setting or anything like that? I have been having problems w/ me an users staying longed in and have tried to make adjustments or those related?

Comment

• noppid
                          • May 2003

Don't know if it is your problem, but recently when our PHP/apache upgrade was run some libriaries were left out and our rss feeds broke.

Our issue was a bit different, the feeds pulled, but the data was damaged and important entities removed so the links did not work.

Look at phpinfo in the ACP and see if the compile date coincides with the date your feeds broke. It's worth the 10 seconds to at least look.
                          Computer Help Forum
                          An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

• 10smom
                            • May 2007
                            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by noppid
                            Don't know if it is your problem, but recently when our PHP/apache upgrade was run some libriaries were left out and our rss feeds broke.

Our issue was a bit different, the feeds pulled, but the data was damaged and important entities removed so the links did not work.

Look at phpinfo in the ACP and see if the compile date coincides with the date your feeds broke. It's worth the 10 seconds to at least look.
                            hey nopid,

Thanks for the suggestion! I checked the phpinfo and it looks like that may be it! The build date si oct 28th and the last time I got a feed was Oct 27th.

How do I fix? Thanks

Comment

• noppid
                              • May 2003

For us, we recompiled PHP/Apache with the XML extensions added to fix our issue. But as I said, our problem was a little different I think.

Tell your host your site broke the day they compiled php/apache, what broke, and make them do it again until you can pull a feed again.
                              Computer Help Forum
                              An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...