Paid Subscription failure, even though user is charged.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gettingbetter
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.0.x

Paid Subscription failure, even though user is charged.

I'm using CCBill to charge my users for access to a gallery. Most of the charges go through fine, but there have a handful that show up as "Failure" in the transaction log. Yet when I log in to my CCBill admin, it shows the transaction as processed (the user's card was charged).

What could be wrong here? It's been almost every other transaction that has encountered this over the past few days. End result is the users are charged but it shows up as "failure" in my transaction log and users can't enter the gallery.

Furthermore, the reasonForDecline and reasonForDeclineCode fields within the Transaction Logs are oftentimes not populated with anything in the failure instances.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

3.7 is much more thorough and vigorous about logging payment processor communications. For example, some things like warnings from payment processors are logged by 3.7 as failures in the transaction log even though they aren't failed payments. So the 3.7 payment logs can be deceptive when you see lots of failures.

Comment

• gettingbetter
      • Nov 2007
      • 4.0.x

Thanks for the reply. I'll be a bit more specific.

The problem is people who have had their cards charged aren't able to access the paid content on my site. It's not a usergroup or permissions issue, I've set up the relevant settings correctly (I know this because people have signed up for the paid content and gotten access to it without a hitch). It just seems to be every 3rd or 4th transaction that gets Failure status within my transaction logs. I have to add these people manually and that gets tedious fast.

I've tried to narrow it down to one common denominator, such as their subscription type, them switching their email upon signing up to one that is not in my vbulletin database, or other attributes - but there doesn't seem to be a set pattern as to why these people are getting failures, and thus being denied access.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Check the things in this thread:

Some of those tips are for Paypal though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...