• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cedar
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.7.x

Custom animated avatars dont work!

Hi all,

I've just upgrade my forum from 3.6.8 to 3.7.3!Now we have a problem : when people (include admin) upload an suitable animated avatar, the avatar display as if it were a jpeg image...

And when someone upload animated avatar, it shows up :
    Code:
    [B]Warning[/B]: tempnam() [function.tempnam]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/***/:/tmp:/usr/local/lib/php/) in [B][path]/includes/class_dm_userpic.php[/B] on line [B]204[/B]
    So, could anybody help me pls???

P.S : the dimension and size of custom avatar is not the problem, also the permission, because I checked it many times!*** is my link which was hidden for some reason :|
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You blocked out the directory name.

You have open_basedir restrictions on your server. To get uploads to work you need to create a 'tmp' subdirectory under your main hosting directory and chmod it to 777. Then in the Admin CP set "Upload In Safe Mode?" to 'Yes' and point the "Safe Mode Temp Directory" to that directory. If you placed the tmp directory in the right place, the path to the Safe Mode Temp Directory will be:

/home/***/tmp

(with correct directory of course)

Also the php.ini setting for 'upload_tmp_dir' may be empty. It's possible you (as root) or your host will need to edit php.ini and set'upload_tmp_dir' to point to the full path to a directory on the server that is chmod'd to 1777. You will also need to restart Apache after making this change.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• cedar
      • Sep 2007
      • 3.7.x

Thank you, I will check!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...