X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dowcraig
    • Oct 2008

CAPTCHA Installation

Hey,
    Can anyone give me guidance on how to install captcha in my forums?

I'm not at all a programmer, but, I've set captcha to be the human verification option in 3.7.0, I've downloaded the captcha library, but have not uploaded it to my server.

1) Where do I upload the files on my server?
    2) Where do I make the other changes?

It'd be really appreciated if I can get some help.

Thanks,
    Craig

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This feature requires that either your PHP be installed with full GD support or that your server is running ImageMagick version 6 or higher and you are using the correct path to this in the Image Settings. If neither one of these is installed correctly, then you will not be able to use the Image Verification function.

Check to make sure your PHP is compiled with GD or that your server has ImageMagick installed and configured:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Image Settings

Then set this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Human Verification Manager -> Image Verification -> Image Verification Options

If these are installed you will see images for them. If there are no images there, these are either not installed or you have the wrong path for IM.

And did you turn on Image Verification:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Human Verification Options -> Verify at Registration -> Yes
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• dowcraig
      • Oct 2008

Thanks for that info. I was going for reCaptcha, instead of the GD images -- but did some more research and reCaptcha isn't all that good.

I've instead, decided to go with Questions and Answers -- and the questions are based on the theme of the website, which I would suggest a lot of the human people registering like a bot would not be able to answer.

With that said, my forum, http://forum.bluejayfever.com/, doesn't display the questions -- despite it being active in the Human Verification options section of ACP.

Wondering if I perhaps don't have the right style. I recently upgraded my VB from 3.6.3 to 3.7.0, and when it came time to doing the final installation (themes, etc...), I had to skip this because Yahoo! sucks and the connection from VB to my database timed out.

Could it be that I don't have the correct style for the registration? If you could tell me where to find it -- I can post what I currently have.

Thanks,
      Craig

Comment

• cKVinoth
        • Nov 2007
        • 3.7.x

Talking about the Jays, had a VIP seating at the Skydome like few months back. The game against the Atlanta Braves, too bad they lost against them

Comment

• dowcraig
          • Oct 2008

Oh, nice. Those AL-NL games are quite different. Friday, June 27th, 2008 -- that's the date you we nt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...