X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qubed
    • Sep 2008
    • 3.8.x

How do I stack sub-forums?

Hi I am new and did a quick search and couldn't find a relevant post in regards to this. I am using vBulletin 3.7.3 and the webspeak skin by forummonkeys. I would like my sub-forums to have a "stacked" appearance like in this photo.

However, currently, it looks just like this below with the sub-forums side by side / next to one another, Also if anyone has a tip on how to remove the "sub-forums" text that is displayed that would be nice too:

Any insight and help would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_subforumseparator_*

Replace the contents of both templates with this:

Code:
    <br />

Comment

• qubed
      • Sep 2008
      • 3.8.x

When you say "both" templates, are you referring to subforumseparator_post AND subforumseparator_nopost, is that what the subforumseparator_* implies?

thanks - im a newb.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Yes.

Comment

• qubed
          • Sep 2008
          • 3.8.x

thank you. this definitely helped and did the trick. however, the main inconsistency now is that the "sub-forum" text is creating a fluid stack as you can see here:

any idea how to remove or hide the "Sub-Forums"? Thanks -
          Last edited by qubed; Fri 30 Apr '10, 6:18am.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Do a search in your templates for this "<strong>$vbphrase[subforums]</strong>:" and then remove that subforum part in the four templates it shows up in.
            Last edited by Lynne; Tue 30 Sep '08, 12:16pm.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• qubed
              • Sep 2008
              • 3.8.x

ok, i have found them.

i did a search and deleted :

"<div class="smallfont"><strong>$vbphrase[subforums]</strong>:"

however, just deleting this did not resolve it entirely. i also had to delete:

"<div class="smallfont" style="margin-top:$stylevar[cellpadding]px"><strong>$vbphrase[subforums]</strong>:"

if someone else is reading this and wants the "sub-forums" removed entirely, then it is important that string is removed as well.
              Last edited by qubed; Tue 30 Sep '08, 11:13am.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

I should have said to just remove the subforum part. You don't want to remove the div tag part because you will still have the ending div tag sitting around. You only want to remove this part - "<strong>$vbphrase[subforums]</strong>:" sorry about that.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...