Members receiving emails for threads they didn't subscribe to!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tidefans
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.7.x

Members receiving emails for threads they didn't subscribe to!

I have a small problem since moving to a new server.

Many of my members are receiving emails to threads and/or pms they never subscribed to.

I have removed all subscriptions for users via Threads & Posts --> Unsubscribe ,

but my concern is what might have caused this in the first place?

thanks for any help!
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Make sure they are not subscribed to those threads:

User CP -> List Subscriptions

And make sure their emails are not entered into specific forums:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post

And if they are moderators then make sure they aren't set to be notified:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> [Edit Permissions] -> Receive Email When a New Thread / Post is Created

Comment

• tidefans
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.7.x

thanks for the response, Jake.

I had seen that info in a prior thread. However, my concern was what might have caused it upon moving to a new server. It was only happening for say 5-10% of my members and 2 of my admins. They were getting emails for all threads they posted in, emails from PMs being sent to them, etc. And I know they never physically subscribed to those things. Even when one of my admins changed his subscription preferences back to what they had been, he kept getting emails.

The only thing that worked was to remove all subscriptions from all users. But that is not an optimal solution because some members HAD subscribed. Anyway, the problem is fixed now, but I would still like insight on the root cause (if there is any).

Thanks again.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

I can't think of any other likely explanations. Maybe something went wrong with the database move. This is the recommended backup / restore method:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...