X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • parm775
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.7.x

Forum goes down at same time every day

I moved my vbulletin forum to a dedicated server on sep the 1st and ever since my form goes down at the same time..

The problem is that my data base user name looses permissions for some reason and I have to go into the Cpanel> databases and then add the user name again to my vbulletin data base

I have been looking for answers for almost a month now but cant find an answer... I have to add the user to the data base every day at the same time.

I have a few mods and also vbseo and I have tried to turn them off one by one to find out the culprit but no difference.

I have even tried to turn off all cron jobs but this doesnt solve the issue either..

Any ideas .... Or any wild guess please
    Last edited by parm775; Sun 28 Sep '08, 10:20am. Reason: spelling mistake.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Have you looked at the server cron jobs (as opposed to vb's Scheduled Tasks). Also, have you looked at your logs? I would guess cPanel has some tab somewhere to look at all the different logs the server writes to, including a cron log.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• parm775
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.7.x

Lynne, Thanks for the quick reply...

I should have added this in my first post :

This dedicated server only has this one domain and the forum is on the home page and there is a wordpress blog in the sub directory but its just the vbulleting data base user which gets messed up and the wordpress data base user has had no issues so I never looked into the cpanel side assuming that its gotta be vbulletin thats causing this issue. ( Another reason is I dont know where to look for logs and what to look for)

Having said that would you still suggest looking into the logs?

There is another thing that when I change the server time to a different time zone it goes down at midnight 00:01 sharp according to that time zone... which ever time zone I set it to

Comment

• Dbreh
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by parm775
        Lynne, Thanks for the quick reply...

I should have added this in my first post :

This dedicated server only has this one domain
        Even so
        You need to re arrange server cron jobs , spicily for backup time
        And also forum cron jobs,
        Make them in different time, such first job at 02:00am second in 03:00am thired in 06:00am , etc
        So you distribute the load on the server
        Clean cash and /var/ directory from time to time
        Aviation & Flying News

Comment

• parm775
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.7.x

Server load shouldnt be an issue as the forum only gets about 12000-15000 visitors per day and the box I am using is : Intel Core2Quad Q9300 with 8gb DDR2 RAM

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Another thing is that shouldnt the wordpress database user not get the same issue if it was a cpanel or server issue?

This problem does not coinside with the server back up time and I have also checked by disabling backup once and the same issue again

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Very odd problem. I've never heard of a modification doing something like this. Have you tried disabling your modifications for a couple of days and seeing if it still happens? Have you tried going to Maintenance > Diagnostics > suspect File Versions and then checking out all the files that vbulletin does not recognize to see what sort of queries are performed in each?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• parm775
              • Jan 2006
              • 3.7.x

I checked in diagnostic thing and found a file named : inode-check.php

Is this file supposed to be there? I dont like the looks of it when I open it in the browser as it gives away the complete directory structure and everything and there is a search field aswell... should this be there?

I am posting the contents of this file :
              Last edited by parm775; Tue 3 Nov '09, 4:58am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...