• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarge7585
    • Aug 2008
    • 3.7.x

Help, Upgrading

Okay, I just updated my forum from 3.7.2 to 3.7.3

I downloaded the file from the members area, deleted the install folder, renamed the upload folder to "forum" and uploaded it to my forum root.

All files uploaded successfully, and when I ran upgrade script, it told me that the updgrade was not successful but I could continue, as I thought this was because of the needed patch, I clicked continue, and the installed the Patch for 3.7.3 and my ACP is said to be 3.7.3 but my forum where the copyright is, says 3.7.2, should I re do the upgrade again? Or is this normal?

Help please,
    Sarge
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

You don't delete the "install" folder. You just need to delete the "install/install.php" file. You need the rest of those new install files though.

Comment

• Sarge7585
      • Aug 2008
      • 3.7.x

Ahh okay, mis read, thank you.

Comment

• Sarge7585
        • Aug 2008
        • 3.7.x

Can I just upload the install folder and redo the upgrade, or do i need to upload all the files again and do the upgrade, because I tried just doing the install folder and it gave me the same message?

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

- Re-upload all the files.
          - Run upgrade.php
          - Delete only install.php

And see if it is fixed.

If not, then restore to the backup you made with the files and database from 3.7.2, and start over with a new upgrade attempt.

Comment