X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doodad
    • Feb 2008

User Moderation

Hi all.

I turned off user moderation last week, but I had two that required moderation this morning and one two days ago.

Are they stragglers who did not respond to the confirmation email for over a week or did I miss a setting somewhere?

Thanks
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Are you talking about moderated user accounts (as opposed to moderated posts or threads)? Make sure this is set to No:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Moderate New Members

Or maybe it's COPPA:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> COPPA Registration System

Comment

• Doodad
      • Feb 2008

Yes the user moderation is set to no. I do have coppa turned on, but not sure if that is the cause as all users (so far) are adults.

Is it possible they are stragglers who maybe left town over the holiday and were caught in the initial moderation requirement? Most users are getting in with no issue.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

They might be stragglers, yes.

Note that COPPA uses the same group as moderated users.

Comment

• Doodad
          • Feb 2008

Ok, another just popped up with a join date of last week. It did show the user as COPPA awaiting moderation. What drives that? I know the user is an adult as it is a teacher.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

It requires them to enter a birthday when registering. If they are under 13 years of age then they are put into that group until their parent approves the registration.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...