Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VodkaFish
    • Oct 2003

Category, category, forum

I was looking for a way to have many forums display in a compact manner on the forums home page.

So I organized them into one forum (category, no posting), then another two forums (set as categories, no posting), then have my many forums under those two.

However, it's led to an odd layout, with the forums listed on the category background (think "vBulletin Announcements and Discussions" and "vBulletin Sales" on the home page here). They look like subforums, use small font, subforum icon, but I don't know what template that look is coming out of (as I want to tweak it to use custom icons, and possibly remove that background). Second however, if you click on the category listing, you get a normal forum list, but as forums, not subforums (like I would normally), looking for the normal large forum icon and such.

What I'd like to know is how to get them to be in a non-posting forum without being on that category background, and why they're not displaying consistently as forums/subforums (and what template this all comes out of).

Thanks.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

To change the look of that forum so it does not appear as a category you need to copy the contents of this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level2_post

...into this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level2_nopost

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You would have to edit the forumhome_forumbit_level2_nopost template to change the background and look of those second level categories.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• VodkaFish
        • Oct 2003

Thanks to you both

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...