Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StephenKay
    • Apr 2003

Cannot reply to PMs - "Sorry! This forum is not accepting new posts."

Hi, I've just opened a newly upgraded forum (from 2.3.10 to 3.7.2 PL2).

I (the admin) am trying to reply to some PMs I have received (new ones since upgrading), and I just received the message "Sorry! This forum is not accepting new posts." This happens when clicking on the Reply button.

However, it will let me send a new PM. This just happens when I try to reply to one that I have received.

I've rebuilt everything (I believe) after the conversion/upgrade.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

That error message doesn't make sense for sending a PM. My first guess is a style problem that is creating a bad link. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

Comment

• StephenKay
      • Apr 2003

Yep, it seems that it's a modification to the postbit_legacy template, which is also used in the PM display. Thanks, now I can fix it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...