X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeitherSparky
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.7.x

Datastore error, can't run upgrade script

I'm afraid I've gone and broken my forum...I did many searches for what to do but nothing I tried helped.

First of all, what I did was, I ran an SQL query I found in this thread, plugging in the appropriate numbers for my site (a mod I installed messed up our most users online count). I thought it was pretty straightforward but no. I got this:

vBulletin datastore error caused by one or more of the following:
    1. You may have uploaded vBulletin 3.6 files without also running the vBulletin upgrade script. If you have not run the upgrade script, do so now.
    2. The datastore cache may have been corrupted. Run Rebuild Bitfields from tools.php, which you can upload from the do_not_upload folder of the vBulletin package.

Fatal error: vBulletin datastore cache incomplete or corrupt in [path]/includes/init.php on line 214
    Okay so, I uploaded tools.php. At the top of that page was:

Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1352 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1352 Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1352 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1352 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php:1352) in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/admincp/tools.php on line 65
    So I and clicked [Bitfield Cache] under "Datastore Cache". Nothing changed, still got the message I just quoted. So I figured, well I need to install 3.7.3 anyways and maybe running the upgrade script will help, so I went to do that. When I went to upgrade.php, I got this:

Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1352 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1352 Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1352 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1352 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php:1352) in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/functions.php on line 2999
    Lol, can *anyone* point me in the right direction on where to begin fixing this? I am totally baffled. Thank you.
    http://www.fosters-home.com/forum
  • NeitherSparky
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.7.x

It does seem that tools.php is not working at all. Anyone know anything about that? I do have my admincp and modcp renamed, if it matters.

Comment

• Mr_Butter
      • Apr 2005

try re-uploading all the files.

I was getting some wacky errors during uprade (or rather, while trying to upgrade).

Just reuploaded everything and it worked fine.

Comment

• NeitherSparky
        • Jun 2006
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Mr_Butter
        try re-uploading all the files.

I was getting some wacky errors during uprade (or rather, while trying to upgrade).

Just reuploaded everything and it worked fine.
        Thanks, but I have now done this twice, no change. :/

If I can only get tools.php to work it may help. I don't understand the problem. Btw now the line at the top of the tools.php page is:

Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1352 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1352 Warning: array_keys(): The first argument should be an array in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1352 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /big/dom/xfosters_home/www/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1352

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Did you accidentally write over your datastore_cache.php file or the datastore folder or did you create a new config.php file and forget to say you are using datastore (or you said you are using datastore but you aren't)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• NeitherSparky
            • Jun 2006
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Lynne
            Did you accidentally write over your datastore_cache.php file or the datastore folder or did you create a new config.php file and forget to say you are using datastore (or you said you are using datastore but you aren't)?
            Well, the problem occurred when I ran an SQL query as stated at the beginning of my first post. *After* that, when the probem was already occurring, yes I guess I overwrote datastore_cache.php as I uploaded the 3.7.3 files which includes that file. I did not touch my config.php file at any time.

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Have you tried editing your config file to not use datastore and then seeing if the error continues to occur?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• NeitherSparky
                • Jun 2006
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Lynne
                Have you tried editing your config file to not use datastore and then seeing if the error continues to occur?
                I've searched and I'm not clear on how to do this. What do I change in the config? Thanks.
                Last edited by NeitherSparky; Wed 27 Aug '08, 11:59am.

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

See this in the manual - config.php

Look down where it says "DATASTORE CACHE CONFIGURATION" Notice how it's all commented out. That means it's not using the datastore.

Comment

• NeitherSparky
                    • Jun 2006
                    • 3.7.x

Yes that's how it is now. So I just leave it then, to not use the datastore? That doesn't change anything.

I have submitted a support ticket, about 2 hours ago. I hope they can help. :/

Comment

• NeitherSparky
                      • Jun 2006
                      • 3.7.x

(Because I think everyone should post how their issue was resolved in case someone with the same problem does a search later and finds your thread

This was not something I could have fixed on my own. A member of the support team had to go in and rebuild all my tables. For some reason that little SQL query infiltrated all the datastore fields.

Lesson learned: Unless it's absolutely vital, never run an SQL query, even if you have no reason to believe it will mess anything up.:/

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

Thanks for updating the thread. I also think it's good to make a final post about how an issue was resolved.

I'm glad support was able to fix that for you. That's certainly something we wouldn't have been able to resolve through this thread. (Or at least, I would have never guessed at what happened and I certainly wouldn't be able to post a fix!)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...