• Show
Clear All
  • nxvc
    Banned
    • Oct 2007
    • 3.7.x

Spambot infiltrated Calendar

Hello,

I have a serious question: It seems that a Spam-bot has token some actions in our calendar and he just added about 2400 events for only 1 day, in example july 30th.

How can I now delete all these events? When I try to enter the day through frontend, it just load and load and then I get the error message "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded".

Is there a possiblity to delete all these events for this day in one step? And how can I find out the name of the spam-bot?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is a server time limit. To increase your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add this line right under the <?php line:

ini_set("max_execution_time", "240");
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• nxvc
      Banned
      • Oct 2007
      • 3.7.x

Thank you for your answer Steve, I will try this.

I guess not, but is there a possiblility to delete all events in one step for this day or do I need to delete all 2400 events manually one after the next? Would be a horrible imagination :-/

Comment

• nxvc
        Banned
        • Oct 2007
        • 3.7.x

Okay, to increase the time made me able to access the day-page after 4 minutes waiting.

... but what can I do to delete all 2400 entries? I always have to wait 4 minutes again after I deleted one of the spambot entries. That's not a solution and furthermore there's no garanty that another spam-bot just put thousands of other entries again for another day, or how to prevent this?

Comment

• Jason Buchanan
          • May 2008

The first thing would be to either ban the spambot or if it is accessing the calendar as a guest then change the calendars permissions. You can also set the moderate new events option. As far as deleting the events you may be stuck unless you can do it through an mysql statement, such as clearing the table. I would keep deleting them one by one until someone chimes in.

Comment

• nxvc
            Banned
            • Oct 2007
            • 3.7.x

I deleted the spam-bot account, but it would take exaclty 10.000 minutes to delete his entries step by step .. can someone tell me the sql table of calendar entries? Can I delete them from the database table without causing other problems?

Comment

• nxvc
              Banned
              • Oct 2007
              • 3.7.x

Okay I've found a faster solution:

calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=3

Then change the last number... but it is still annoying to delete 5000 spams by 4 clicks each spam-entry .. means 20.000 clicks and no garanty that another spam-bot posting 5000 entries again..

So, what's jelsoft doing to prevent this? Is there any anti-spam for the calendar planned?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...