X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • al_tarek
    • Jul 2008

questions

Hi

I'm new to the forums world and I really need help with many issues, my first issue is:
    How do i control the no. of PMs that's allowed to my forum members?

Thanks for help
  • The Gismo Man
    • Apr 2008

Goto AdminCP -> usergroup manager -> edit the usergroup you want to adjust the PM's for and scroll down to the private message permissions and insert the amount you want them to have
    https://thebookjoint.com/forums/forum.php - for all things relating to books especially Jack Reacher

Comment

• al_tarek
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by The_Gismo_Man
      Goto AdminCP -> usergroup manager -> edit the usergroup you want to adjust the PM's for and scroll down to the private message permissions and insert the amount you want them to have
      Thank you very much

Comment

• al_tarek
        • Jul 2008

How do I hide links in my forum posts posted by members so any visitor has to sign up to see these links?!

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• al_tarek
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
            I could hide the contents of specific sub-forum by not allowing it to visitors and that was good enough....

is there a way to hide the moderators sub-forum from all?
            did my best but all I could was just to protect it by password!!

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Just set the appropriate Usergroup permissions for that forum:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions -> Edit (appropriate usergroups) -> Can View Forum

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• al_tarek
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Just set the appropriate Usergroup permissions for that forum:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions -> Edit (appropriate usergroups) -> Can View Forum
                thx very much

Comment

• al_tarek
                  • Jul 2008

I have a little problem! users waiting for email confirmation don't appear on the new events and I always have to register them manually!

Comment

• al_tarek
                    • Jul 2008

The size of my forum's database is over 20 MB now; when I download it on my hard desk as kind of security it's no more than 6 MB now!

How can I download my vbulletin.sql file completely like before?!!

any tip please?
                    Last edited by Zachery; Sat 13 Dec '08, 11:12am.

Comment

• al_tarek
                      • Jul 2008

I always download the forum.sql zipped from the server and also always face the "time out" problem!

how do I solve it? or is there another way to complete the download whoever it takes?

please advise...
                      Last edited by Zachery; Sat 13 Dec '08, 11:12am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

The only consistently reliable method of backing up and restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. This is because backing up with a PHP script like that in the Admin CP or phpMyAdmin can result in PHP timeout errors and an incomplete backup file.

Please see the instructions here:

Backup:

Restore:

If you don't have telnet or SSH access, some people have reported success with these scripts:

MySQLDumper:

MySQLHotxcopy:

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...