Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Compactc9
    • Aug 2008

Error when trying run install script

When I get to step 2 in the install process (Connecting to Database) I get the following error message and I have no Idea what to do with it.

Step 2) Connect to the database
    Attempting to attach to database
    Connect failed: unexpected error from the database.
    Error number: 1044
    Error description: Access denied for user 'vacworld'@'%' to database '‘vacworld’'
    Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again.

One thing, this is the first time I have ever done anything with this type of thing, so please make it understandable for someone who has very little idea about configuring these things.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The most likely cause of this error is that the info in your config.php file is wrong or your db user does not have full permissions to this database. Please read this for all the known causes of this error:

P.S. That does not look like a valid database name.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Compactc9
      • Aug 2008

The name in the error is as far as I know valid. When I set up the database, it had me pic a name, I used the site name. Unless there is another name in there that I should be looking for?

Comment

• Compactc9
        • Aug 2008

Ok, I have read everything and I think my problem is in the database. I know I don't have any thing set up in the database. I currently haven't done anything to the database other than create it, is there something I need to put into it before I run the install?

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Most of the time you need to assign the user rights to the database.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...