X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RagnarokDensetsu
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.7.x

about_x phrase

I have been looking for over an hour with no luck. I'm making some modifications to my profile pages, and I need to remove the "About USERNAME" bit from the About Me tab. However, I've not been able to find the code for this anywhere.

This is my memberinfo_block_aboutme template as it exists now
    Code:
    <div class="alt1 block_row">
    <ul class="list_no_decoration">
    	$block_data[fields]
    </ul>
    <if condition="$show['simple_link']">
    	<div id="simple_aboutme_link"><a class="smallfont" href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$bbuserinfo[userid]&amp;tab=aboutme&amp;simple=1">$vbphrase[view_your_about_me]</a></div>
    </if>
    <if condition="$show['edit_link']">
    	<div id="simple_aboutme_link"><a class="smallfont" href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$bbuserinfo[userid]&amp;tab=aboutme">$vbphrase[edit_your_about_me]</a></div>
    </if>
    </div>
    After further searching, I found the "ABOUT USERNAME" bit is created by the phrase "about_x" So I ran a template search to find where this phrase is used- with no results.

How the heck do I get rid of it?
  • peterska2
    • Oct 2003
    • 3.7.x

I've had a look and can't put my finger on where that phrase is used. An effective way of removing that text if you don't want it to be displayed at all is to edit the phrase and enter &nbsp; in the translations box. This replaces the text with a blank space.

Comment

• RagnarokDensetsu
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.7.x

Thanks Kerry-Anne! It did indeed get rid of the unwanted text- although it left behind an almost-as-unsightly gap that I'd like to get rid of also.

I wonder where those sneaky devs hid that bit of code
      Last edited by RagnarokDensetsu; Sat 9 Aug '08, 12:00am.

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

Finally found it, but removing it requires code modification. Or you could put all your profile fields in a profile field category as it will not appear if there are no profile fields without a category.

Comment

• RagnarokDensetsu
          • Nov 2005
          • 3.7.x

Excellent, excellent. I tried re-categorizing them, and it still gives me similar extra unwanted space, so it looks like I will need that code modification.

I took a quick look through includes/class_userprofile.php as well as member.php, and I think I may have found it in includes/class_profileblocks.php

But I am not at all familiar with coding php, so I have no idea if I'm looking at the right chunk of code, or what to do with it if it is the right bit.

I'm looking at this chunk of code right now in class_profileblocks.php-
          PHP Code:
                  foreach ($categories AS $profilefieldcategoryid => $profilefield_items)
                  {

$category = array(

'title' => (

$profilefieldcategoryid == ?

construct_phrase($vbphrase['about_x'], $this->profile->userinfo['username']) :

$vbphrase["category{$profilefieldcategoryid}_title"]
                          ),

'description' => $vbphrase["category{$profilefieldcategoryid}_desc"],

'fields' => ''

); 
          If this is the right spot to be, I don't suppose you could tell me what to snip out of there, or do I have to go to vBulletin.org for that?

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

I'm sorry but we do not provide official support for custom coding. However you can try asking for this kind of help over at the vB mod site: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/

Comment

• RagnarokDensetsu
              • Nov 2005
              • 3.7.x

Alrighty, thanks for helping me figure it out! I'll go post a link to this thread on vbulletin.org and see what happens.

Last edited by RagnarokDensetsu; Sat 9 Aug '08, 9:08am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...