X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JVCode
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.8.x

Login problems.

Since moving URL's from forums.* to the main URL dir. all of my users, including myself have been having terrible problems with logging into the forums:?

A user visits the forum, tries to login, upon doing so it says "you are now logged in" which redirects them back to the homepage, but it still displays them as NOT LOGGED IN. it sometimes takes several attempts at logging in before it takes effect.

One user said that after logging in it displayed them as not logged in, but when clicking the 'new posts' link, it would show them as signed in.

This is all very strange and i've tried everything the tech support offered me, which clearing the boards cache, to having everything switched back to the default settings, nothing has yet worked.

My question is that, has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them? And if so, was it caused by a plugin or mod? Any and all help is much appreciated!
    Xbox Fan-site: www.XboxCommunity.net

Xbox 360 Achievements: www.x360achievements.com
  • Tony Clifton
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.7.x

Sounds like a cookie issue, I'd suggest checking you cookie settings in the vbulletin options, you most likely have it set to /forums/, if you set it to / it may sort the problem.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• JVCode
      • Oct 2006
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Tony Clifton
      Sounds like a cookie issue, I'd suggest checking you cookie settings in the vbulletin options, you most likely have it set to /forums/, if you set it to / it may sort the problem.

Hope this helps.

I've used tools.php and have set all this to the default, (i never changed it anyway), so it's set to default settings, but still having the same problem. - I've done what the support have suggested, but still, having the same issues.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Have the users that are having problems delete the cookies on their browsers. They can do it just for your site. Some browsers may corrupt cookies with changes like this and prevent the new one from overwriting the old.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• JVCode
          • Oct 2006
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Have the users that are having problems delete the cookies on their sites. Some browsers may corrupt cookies with changes like this and prevent the new one from overwriting the old.

I still experienced the login problem after formatting my machine and reinstalling a fresh browser.

Comment

• peterska2
            • Oct 2003
            • 3.7.x

Please reset your cookie path and cookie domain variables. These should not be set unless you have multiple vBulletin installations on the same domain name. You can reset these using tools.php.

Follow these steps.

1) Upload tools.php from your "do_not_upload" folder. This should go into your admincp directory.

2) Load this in your browser by going to: yourforums/admincp/tools.php

3) Enter your customer ID.

4) Click on Reset Cookie Path and Reset Cookie Domain.

5) Delete tools.php from your server.

6) See if you can login.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...