Still having problems with hack attempt?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason Buchanan
    • May 2008

Still having problems with hack attempt?

I Mhave done the suggested and renamed my admincp and modcp folders but this morning it happened again. Someone lurking as a guest was at my admincp login screen. What else can I do? I have guest limited to what they can do, pretty much just view the forum and threads. How did they/it get my new link to the admincp?
  • MrNase
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.8.x

You can protect the folder using this tool: http://www.clockwatchers.com/htaccess_tool.html

(or any other tool that allows you to generate a .htaccess and a .htpasswd file)

It generates a login window like this: http://area51.vbulletin.com/
    That's the end of that!

Comment

• Simetrical
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.8.x

It's not a problem if guests can view the login form, as long as they can't actually log in. Maybe one of your moderators bookmarked the new secret location and clicked the bookmark after they had logged out.
      System Administrator, Total War Center

Developer, MediaWiki

Comment

• hitmancode47
        • Jul 2008
        • 3.8.x

The admin CP is easy to gain access to through a URL. it is usually along the lines of www.yourdomain.com/admin.php or something

Cant really restrict access. but if you get an IP address. i think you can put it in a ip deny manager (heard about one in the adminCP)

-Hitman 47
        Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by hitmancode47
          The admin CP is easy to gain access to through a URL. it is usually along the lines of www.yourdomain.com/admin.php or something

Cant really restrict access. but if you get an IP address. i think you can put it in a ip deny manager (heard about one in the adminCP)

-Hitman 47
          Actually it is quite easy to restrict access to the vBulletin Admin CP using .htaccess. Very easy. If you have a tool like CPanel or Plesk, only takes about 30 seconds to do so. Can even restrict it to a single IP address using .htaccess if you wanted to.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment