HELP! major db error on new registrations/activation...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zingu
    • May 2003
    • 3.7.x

HELP! major db error on new registrations/activation...

getting this error for new member registration and activiation:

Code:
    Invalid SQL:
       SELECT activationid, usergroupid, emailchange
       FROM vb3_useractivation
       WHERE activationid = 27909141
        AND userid = 
        AND type = 0;
    MySQL Error   : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND type = 0' at line 5
    Error Number  : 1064
    Request Date  : Monday, August 4th 2008 @ 10:05:40 AM
    Error Date    : Monday, August 4th 2008 @ 10:05:40 AM
    Script        : [URL="http://********/forums/register.php?a=act&u=334101&i=27909141"][COLOR=#0066cc]http://********/forums/register.php?a=act&u=334101&i=27909141[/COLOR][/URL]
    Referrer      : [URL="http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.rand=5jcstth98hur3"][COLOR=#800080]http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.rand=5jcstth98hur3[/COLOR][/URL]
    IP Address    : ***********
    Username      : *******
    Classname     : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 4.1.22-standard-log

any ideas what that's about? (and better yet, how to fix it?)
    no new members can register right now

note: I recently restored from differnt server then upgraded from vb 3.0.2 . so wondering if that is cause of some legacy issues
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Invalid SQL errors are almost always related to modified code. To troubleshoot this, the first thing you need to do is remove any third-pary hacks or plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Zingu
      • May 2003
      • 3.7.x

hmm... is there a way to REINSTALL Default vb style?

I accidently merged a skin with the default vb style (note to self: don't upload skin at 4am in the monring. ugh).

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Create a new style and choose no parent style. That will be a duplicate of the original style.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• zlos
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.8.x

I have the same problem, would you please let me know what exactly solved it?

p.s. I tried to switch all plugins/products off. No help at all. Now working on the new style, but it looks badly.

p.s.2 Switching to a newly created style does not help. Strange that only some users cannot complete registration, at the same time the other can go through this phase without any problems...
          Last edited by zlos; Thu 1 Jan '09, 2:02am.

Comment

• Zingu
            • May 2003
            • 3.7.x

unfortunately... if I remember correctly, it was a corrupt DB table. Had to actually go to an old backup of the db and reinstall.

Honestly in the end I had to get help from a programmer friend, so don't remember exactly as I was so happy to get through it I moved on and didn't note the details of what he did. :/

sorry couldn't be more help.

Comment

• zlos
              • Jul 2004
              • 3.8.x

Anyway thanks a lot for your answer. I will investigate further...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...