how can i downgrade the Sh-ity 3.7 to 3.6 ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johan12
    • Oct 2006

how can i downgrade the Sh-ity 3.7 to 3.6 ?

since there is no support for the problems created by the vB team
    i would like to downgrade the Sh-ity design from vB3.7 to 3.6

how is that done?
    is it possible?
    vB could be made more user friendly :rolleyes:
  • Tony Clifton
    • Jan 2007
    • 3.7.x

What problems might they be? I'm running 3.7 without any problems.

If you really want to downgrade back to 3.6 you'll have to replace the files by following the upgrade guide, you'll also need to restore a backup of the 3.6 database, which means you'll lose any members, post threads, pms etc that were made after the backup.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

There is no option to downgrade.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• steven s
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by johan12
        since there is no support for the problems created by the vB team
        i would like to downgrade the Sh-ity design from vB3.7 to 3.6

how is that done?
        is it possible?
        I don't know.
        I went back to see your original posts and each time vB support answered you. If you are still having a security token problem, my guess is that you are using a mod or hack that has not been updated or maybe an out of date template. I have had no complaints from members with any upgrade other than templates I forget to edit. Hardly vB's fault.

I think the only way to revert back would be to reinstall your old files and perhaps use impex to restore the database. It seems messy though.

You could use all your backups, but it sounds like you don't backup before updating.
        ...steven
        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• johan12
          • Oct 2006

i use a template customized and converted from phpbb
          i can not change that because there is also software developped based on the layout of my forum
          the template i use i have for a long time and is the trademark of my forums

and yes i still have that incredible @##$%^^&&*@@#$%^@#$%^&*&*%$^&*( security grrrrrrrr !@#%%^#^$&& thing still in my forum

vB team does not take any responsebilaty for creating these kind of errors
          and that piss*** me really off

now i am stuck with a forum that have major errors and i can not fx them

THANKS ALOT vBULLETIN TEAM
          you have youre money again and i am stuck with the problem
          i wish i never changed to vB

Comment

• johan12
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            There is no option to downgrade.
            very very very very bad
            not to make an option to downgrade this is really incredible

Comment

• johan12
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by 1996 328ti
              I
              You could use all your backups, but it sounds like you don't backup before updating.
              no option
              i changed my second forum to vB 3.7 from phpbb
              the first forum runs on 3.6 with the same template
              the second is shi_ty on vB 3.7

so backups and all that is no option
              the only option is downgrade

Comment

• PhilMcKrackon
                • Apr 2008
                • 3.8.x

i use a template customized and converted from phpbb
                Why blame VB if your template that is not made for VB doesn't work? I fail to see any logic in your statement.

You are wrong.

New functions were added to 3.7. When I upgraded to 3.7 I made sure that all addons I had functioned with 3.7. If they did not I waited or removed them.

That is like blaming Microsoft because some software written for Windows XP won't run in Vista...
                Last edited by PhilMcKrackon; Sat 2 Aug '08, 12:03pm.
                Jeep-CJ.com

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Many, many, MANY users here have custom styles/templates on their site, and yet we somehow manage to upgrade. You just need to do as the rest of us do and compare your template to the vb one and add in their new stuff. We all do it, so can you. Really, you can!

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• johan12
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by PhilMcKrackon
                    Why blame VB if your template that is not made for VB doesn't work? I fail to see any logic in your statement.

You are wrong.

New functions were added to 3.7. When I upgraded to 3.7 I made sure that all addons I had functioned with 3.7. If they did not I waited or removed them.

That is like blaming Microsoft because some software written for Windows XP won't run in Vista...
                    maybe they should have put in the readme that personal and customized templates would not work anymore then it would be different

Originally posted by Lynne
                    Many, many, MANY users here have custom styles/templates on their site, and yet we somehow manage to upgrade. You just need to do as the rest of us do and compare your template to the vb one and add in their new stuff. We all do it, so can you. Really, you can!
                    and what if i dont understand these things ?
                    how can you fix it then ?

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

and what if i dont understand these things ?
                      how can you fix it then ?
                      If you don't understand it, then you practice on a copy. Export (download) your style, then Import (upload) it with a new name and make that new one non-pickable to users (Download / Upload Styles). Then you can practice on that one (Comparing Templates). That's really how we all learn - we try things out. Another thing to do is set up a test site and practice on there. A test site is nice so you can try out modifications prior to putting them on your live site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        Former Customer Support Manager
                        • Jul 2000

maybe they should have put in the readme that personal and customized templates would not work anymore then it would be different?
                        This has been a fact of life for every release since VB 2.0.0. And which templates have changed are listed in every release announcement. There is no way to add new functions and features without sometimes changing templates.

We cannot be responsible customizations. But we do our best to provide all the relevant documentation and information we can in order to help. The bottom line is that this issue is caused by your modifications. Fixing this is your responsibility.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...