• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matkus
    • Jan 2004
    • 3.6.x

attachment and gallery limitations

Hello.
    I want to enable on my forum attachments and galleries. But my server space is limited, and i want to add some limits for this.
    Is there any way to set limit of how big attachments can user have?
    Let me explain on example.
    Let's say, user X wrote 10 posts with attachments. I want him to be able to post up to, lets say, 10 MB of attachments. If he wants to add more, he needs to delete first some old.
    Same with galleries, Let's say, "registered users" can have up to 10 MB of images and up to 50 images in galleries. If user is in "vip users" grou, he can post up to 50MB and up to 250 images.

I can't find any such options in admin panel. Maybe I just can't search? Or if there is no such option, maybe someone wrote some mod to allow it?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

User quotas:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Space (in bytes) that a user's total attachment usage may consume

Overall quota:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Limit Space Taken Up By Attachments (Total)

You will probably also want to enable this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Allow Deletion of Attachments Beyond Edit Time Limit

Comment

• matkus
      • Jan 2004
      • 3.6.x

Thanks.
      One more question: are attachment and galleries same for vB in this case? If is set limit for attachment, does it count also for galleries? Or galleries doeas't have limits at all?
      Last edited by matkus; Fri 1 Aug '08, 5:23am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Albums have their own limits. Check the usergroup settings.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...