bug with scheduled tasks in admin panel?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StephenKay
    • Apr 2003

bug with scheduled tasks in admin panel?

I am in NYC (Eastern Time). The server that hosts my site is in LA (3 hours earlier). So my scheduled tasks that were set for midnight would happen at 3 am.

So I changed all of them to 21 hours, therefore they would happen here at midnight.

However, as you can see from the attached picture, the minutes are set to 0, 10, 2, 4 for these 4 tasks, but now that I changed the hours menu to 21 for all of them, they all show a next execution time of 12:00 AM. Not 12:02, 12:10, 12:04 etc.
    Attached Files
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

The next run times are recalculated after each run. Try running each task to prompt a rebuild of the next run times.

There is always some wiggle room in the run times of each task since the task system is driven by page loads and not an exact timer like a true cron system. You don't need to worry about it as long as the tasks are running.

Comment

• StephenKay
      • Apr 2003

I tried your suggestion, I ran the tasks, they did not rebuild the next run time.

And the scheduled tasks log shows that Daily Cleanup ran right on top of Daily Digest, even though the two are scheduled to be 8 minutes apart. Isn't the idea of staggering them slightly supposed to allow them time to finish the task?

So even though I have one set to 12:10, and one set to 12:02, they both show a next time of 12:00 and they both ran at the same time.

Or, given that they are driven by page loads, is this offset meaningless? If the first person to load the page happens to be an hour after these times, would they both just shoot off as quickly as possible?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

It only runs one task per page load from the pool of tasks that are ready to run.

You can also edit and save each task to rebuild the next run times.

Comment

• StephenKay
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          You can also edit and save each task to rebuild the next run times.
          I tried that as well, and it doesn't work either. I changed the minutes of the Daily Digest task to 20, and saved it. It still says 12:00 AM next run.

Comment

• mecho
            • Sep 2006
            • 3.6.x

check ur footer template and make sure u have this part in ur footer :

<!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
            $cronimage
            <!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
            Last edited by mecho; Thu 7 Aug '08, 2:56am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...