Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobFerrari
    • Feb 2003

Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted...

Have vB 3.7.2.

Some searches are now bringing up the following error...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/ferrari/public_html/forum/search.php on line 1151
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

First, try lowering this setting to no more that 300:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Maximum Search Results to Return
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• RobFerrari
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      First, try lowering this setting to no more that 300:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Maximum Search Results to Return
      I have it at 250. This error has only happened past couple days and I haven't done anything to vB since my upgrade to 3.7.2 several weeks ago.

Something on the server running out of memory? Some searches are still working.

Thanks,
      rob

Comment

• RobFerrari
        • Feb 2003

admin just doubled about of memory available for php and the errors stopped. is this the proper way to fix it? thanks.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Then the only reason I can see for this is either a problem with the server or you have add-ons installed that are consuming memory.

Your PHP does not have enough memory allocated to it to complete this operation. Ask your host to increase the 'memory_limit' variable in php.ini to at least 64M.

To temporarily up your limits edit your includes/config.php file and add these lines right under the <?php line:

ini_set('memory_limit', 64 * 1024 * 1024);
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...