Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dayve
    • Dec 2007

Photo Quality

I have a problem with photos looking blurry when it needs to be resized/resampled. Is there a setting in the code or controls that will allow me to change the quality of the photo? I've developed my own PHP and .NET applications using the GD/GDI and have never had this problem before so I have to believe there is something I can do to increase the quality. Before it is recommended, I do not have the ability to use ImageMagick.

Thanks.

Dayve
  • Andy Huang
    • Feb 2004

I believe this is the setting you're looking for:
    Admin CP > vBulletin Options > Message Attachment Options > Thumbnail Quality
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

• dayve
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Andy Huang
      I believe this is the setting you're looking for:
      Admin CP > vBulletin Options > Message Attachment Options > Thumbnail Quality
      I do not want to change the quality of the thumbnail but rather the image itself.

Comment

• peterska2
        • Oct 2003
        • 3.7.x

If the images are resized then it will affect the quality. You will need to disable the resizing of image attachments to prevent this from occurring.

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Message Attachment Options > Resize Images > No

Comment

• dayve
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne
          If the images are resized then it will affect the quality. You will need to disable the resizing of image attachments to prevent this from occurring.

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Message Attachment Options > Resize Images > No
          I want the resizing to occur, however; the quality is really poor. I have used and developed resampling routines before and never suffered from this poor of quality. I was hoping there was something in the code to modify to allow for the best quality resampling. Are you telling me that it the code is set for optimal resampling as is? If so then I feel something is drastically wrong here because as I have already pointed out, I have seen much better resampling routines.

Comment

• joeman
            • Jul 2010
            • 4.0.x

Was there ever a fix for this issue of photos showing up as lower quality once uploaded to the forum or albums? I have 4.0.6 and my photos were good before I uploaded them, but now they all have a very poor quality look in the forum, CMS sections, and in the photo albums... Anyone have ideas to fix this???
            www.CamaroNation.com

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Are your images being resized either H/W or filesize wise to meet the requirements?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...