Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • That's Me
    • Jun 2008

XML is beautiful

I remember when I first heard of xml and how it looks and how it's written. I remember the article I read talking about how xml can potentially be used and how web applications could be totally revolutionized. The code seemed so efficient and robust and right.

Then I flaked out on learning more about it and now all I know is what it's called and kind of what it looks like

I just installed vBulletin and I'm learning how to code my own style (via these very nice style docs / tutorial thingy). So, I'm reading about template conditionals and I noticed the <if> tag. How awesome is the <if> tag? It's so direct and clean. Plus it gives a cool, energy efficient little home for the <else /> tag! Woo!

Ok, ok. Here are my questions: Is this xml? Is this tag defined by vBulletin or is it universal to any xml document?

I know I need to educate myself on xml elsewhere if I want to get serious about it... Just thought I'd bring it up here first since I'm working with vBulletin.
    OOGA BOOGA soda OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOO
    OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA soda OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOO
    OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA banana OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOO
  • Abhi9
    • May 2008
    • 3.8.x

Its specifically for vBulletin templates.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Its actually a pseudo code token that vBulletin uses to parse into PHP once the template is saved. Its never sent to or interpreted by the browser.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• That's Me
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        Its actually a pseudo code token that vBulletin uses to parse into PHP once the template is saved. Its never sent to or interpreted by the browser.
        Ahh, ok. Well it is awesome, is it not? So simple and elegant. Thanks for clearing that up.
        OOGA BOOGA soda OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOO
        OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA soda OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOO
        OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOOGA banana OOGA BOOGA OOGA BOO

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...