X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theparentpack
    • May 2007
    • 3.8.x

Duplicate Post Message when posting

My members are getting a duplicate post message when posting, since our last upgrade to 3.7.2. What could be causing this?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

What do you mean?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• theparentpack
      • May 2007
      • 3.8.x

Some of my members, including myself, get a message after posting. It says something about it being a duplicate post when we have only clicked the submit button once.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• NBSFlak
          • Oct 2005

*Just saw your other post, I'll start a new thread

Comment

• Leo Brazil
            • Nov 2007
            • 3.8.x

I'm getting this error too since I up-graded from 3.6.8 to 3.7 Gold. I'm now running on 3.7.2 PL1.

This problem is totally ramdom. Some users complain about this, some don't. Some times I have to delete duplicated posts because they happen anyway.

I have a test forum to check issues like that and it happens too.

My test forum doesn't have any plugins or mod, regular templates

I've seen a lot o people complaining about this issue in many other Vb sites in all over the world. But none of us got any picture of this problem. Even at Vb.org I've seen people complaining about the same issue.

Comment

• theparentpack
              • May 2007
              • 3.8.x

Sorry I have not been on much, we have all been sick.

So when creating the new style, is there a way to duplicate the existing style so it looks the same?

Comment

• theparentpack
                • May 2007
                • 3.8.x

When I edit the config.php file and upload it. I go to my site and get this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /homepages/16/d205872612/htdocs/forums/includes/config.php on line 27

Now what do I need to do?
                Originally posted by Steve Machol
                To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Comment

• theparentpack
                  • May 2007
                  • 3.8.x

Here is the screenshot of the diagnostic... Now what?
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Originally posted by theparentpack
                    When I edit the config.php file and upload it. I go to my site and get this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /homepages/16/d205872612/htdocs/forums/includes/config.php on line 27

Now what do I need to do?
                    This error means that you have a typo in config.php on or before line 27. You need to find and fix this typo. It's most likely a missing ' or ; somewhere.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• theparentpack
                      • May 2007
                      • 3.8.x

Perhaps I misunderstood how to disable all plugins. I added:
                      define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true)

below:

<?php

That is when I get this error message. Still have not successfully disabled all the plugins.

Comment

• Kinneas
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by theparentpack
                        Perhaps I misunderstood how to disable all plugins. I added:

below:

<?php

That is when I get this error message. Still have not successfully disabled all the plugins.
                        You are missing a ; off the end of
                        Like Steve says:

This error means that you have a typo in config.php on or before line 27. You need to find and fix this typo. It's most likely a missing ' or ; somewhere.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...