X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeerLuver
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.7.x

Threads not reloading after a quick reply

Hi.. got an issue with my threads not reloading after a quick reply message is posted. I did add a mod that places the smilies box below the quick reply box, but that wasn't the cause since I removed it and it still doesn't reload the page. Is there a line of code I can add to a template that will reload the page when a quick reply message is posted to that thread?

Thanks in advance
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Quick Reply shouldn't be reloading the page, the reply is added to the end via AJAX. You would have to turn off the AJAX features to force a reload.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• BeerLuver
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.7.x

Actually, I figured it out. One mod I tried that was to try to turn the quick reply box into a full reply box; I didn't like it though so I uninstalled it. Well, they had a step in it to download the uncompressed vbulletin_quick_reply.js file and manually add in some code. I deleted that code, but I forgot to re-upload the original compressed version. Once I did that, the quick reply works fine now .

Odd issue and obviously poor coding info on that mod's creator heh. So at least this resolution might give some insight to anyone else who encounters a similiar issue to uninstall and undo any steps made that alter original files like that .

Thanks for the reply though Wayne. I should have worded it better than 'reload' since like you said, it appends the quick reply message to the end of the thread via AJAX. Thanks for that heads up though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...