X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freeones
    • Jun 2003

change database connection using plugin on runtime

Hello,

While developing a plugin for vBulletin I found myself needing a database connection to another database on another database server. I thought that I could just intialialize a new connection using $vbulletin->db->connect($db, $host, $port, $user, $pass), but this is not working for me:

MySQL Error: mysqli_real_connect() [<a href='function.mysqli-real-connect'>function.mysqli-real-connect</a>]: (HY000/2002): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
    /includes/class_core.php on line 1134

It is not supposed to use a socket, but a connection using the host and port. How can I solve this, or how can I (temporarely) switch the vBulletin database connection in another way?

Best regards,
    Raymond
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

I have never tried openning multiple database connections like that. Because this involves custom code I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org. You will have better luck there.

Comment

• Freeones
      • Jun 2003

I already found the answer myself
      I just created a new vBulletin database handler just like init.php and used that handler to connect to other database while the original database handler is untouched!

Thanks,
      Raymond

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...