• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeerLuver
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.7.x

RSS feeds not updating

Hi,

I recently installed the latest patch for vBulletin; 3.7.2, on my forums and now my RSS feed for the site is not updating. The feed url I am using is:

And it was working fine before this update; it would show new posts/threads just fine. Now it only shows a test News thread I made a week or so ago. I made a few new test threads to test this issue out.. and nope, they are not showing up on the site's RSS feed at all.

Does anyone have any clue what is going on here? Yes, everything is still enabled in the External Data Provider settings too. I am stumped as to what is wrong here.

Bob
    Last edited by BeerLuver; Thu 26 Jun '08, 3:17am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The RSS feeds are based on latest threads, not posts. They always have been.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BeerLuver
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.7.x

Yes, I am aware of that. The thing is... it is NOT updating with new threads. It is updating them with new threads ONLY from my News forum section. I want it to update with new threads from the entire forum; which it was working fine before updating to 3.7.2. Now it ONLY updates from the News forum section. That is the issue I have right now. I thought maybe there was some template that got altered, but don't see anything related to it. I could take a look at the external.php file and see if anything was different possibly.

Comment

• BeerLuver
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.7.x

OK now it's working... not exactly sure what I did though haha. Was playing around with the forum permissions for the various forum sections and now it works lol. Weird indeed. Oh well, just happy it works again.

Comment

• BeerLuver
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.7.x

I had another odd question... how can I change the title of my RSS feed? When ya click on it; in Firefox, and it pops up the dialog to bookmark the live bookmark, it has a title of Creeight.org - Another test.... I want to change that to something different. How would I go about doing that?

Comment

• BeerLuver
            • Jul 2004
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by BeerLuver
            I had another odd question... how can I change the title of my RSS feed? When ya click on it; in Firefox, and it pops up the dialog to bookmark the live bookmark, it has a title of Creeight.org - Another test.... I want to change that to something different. How would I go about doing that?
            Need input on this please....

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

You have to change the feed itself.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BeerLuver
                • Jul 2004
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                You have to change the feed itself.
                What do you mean change the feed itself? This is not a feed I added in he RSS Feed Manager, this is the title of the rss feed of MY forums. That is the title I want to change.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

That title comes from your forum name.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum Name

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• BeerLuver
                    • Jul 2004
                    • 3.7.x

OK yes, I know that. BUT what the problem is... it comes up as Creeight.org - Another test... ... I do not want that - Another test... part in there. That was the thread title of a test thread awhile back; which has been deleted since then. That is the title that shows when clicking on the RSS feed or adding it to a feed reader. I just wanna get it to say Creeight.org .... that's it. Click the link I posted in my first post in this thread, you'll see what I mean then.

Really wish there was some built in rss options for the forum's main rss feed. That'd be quite handy for issues like this.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Can you provide he real URL or feed you are using? I'm still not clear.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• BeerLuver
                        • Jul 2004
                        • 3.7.x

The real url is in the first post of this thread...

http://www.creeight.org/forums/exter...rss2&lastpos=1 ... that's the url for the feed

or even http://www.creeight.org/forums/external.php?type=rss2

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

That is coming from your 'Another Test' notice. I do not know how to remove that without removing that notice.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• BeerLuver
                            • Jul 2004
                            • 3.7.x

Well, I removed those notices. I guess I'll just wait a day and see if the feed title updates or something.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...