X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lpspider
    • Oct 2005
    • 3.6.x

deleting visitor messages

Several of my uses have began to delete their visitor messages after so much time is past. I'm fine with this. However, when they delete it they can only soft delete it, which is good by me. However, they don't like that it's only a soft delete, or that they can see it.

Is there a way to make it appear that they're permanently deleting the vistior message and to keep the deleted message from showing up to everyone but mods/admins?
    Check out my creative writing forum.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Change your visitormessage_simpleview_deleted template to:

HTML Code:
    <if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo,5,6,7)">
    <div class="alt1">

<div valign="top" align="$stylevar[right]" style="float:$stylevar[right]" class="smallfont">
            <a href="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$message[postuserid]">$message[username]</a>

<br />
            $message[date]<if condition="!$show['detailedtime']">, $message[time]</if>
            <br />
        </div>

<div class="smallfont">
            <phrase 1="member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$message[del_userid]" 2="$message[del_username]">$vbphrase[message_deleted_by_x]</phrase>
            <if condition="$message['del_reason']">$vbphrase[reason]: <em>$message[del_reason]</em></if>
        </div>

</div>
    <hr />
    </if>
    Might be able to use can_moderate as well but I haven't looked at the code for that in the new version yet.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...