Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinmanphp
    • Jul 2005

Is there a way to create conditional for "IF FIRST PAGE LOAD"

I would like to have a welcome message underneath the navbar for any unregistered guests to see... which is easy enough to do with template conditionals. But I only want it to display one time on the unregistered user's first visit to the forums.

Is there anyway to create a conditional that will only show a message like this on a visitor's first visit to the forums? And turn off subsequently on further page loads?

Thanks!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin already shows a message to guests using the first_visit_message phrase. In the default templates it shows in the FORUMHOME template immediately under the navbar.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• kevinmanphp
      • Jul 2005

Well see, my "welcome message" is really going to be a "welcome graphic". It's quite customized so I can't use a Notice either. So I need a way to say, "if this is the visitor's first time accessing this forum, then show this graphic".

Is there anyway to accomplish this? Thanks!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

No.. You can show things to guests but there is no way to determine if it is the first time they have ever visited your page.

Also notices and phrases accept all HTML so you can embed graphics and other media into them.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• briansol
          • Apr 2006
          • 3.6.x

plugin with a cookie is probably your best bet.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...