Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinmanphp
    • Jul 2005

Matching Width of stock navbar...

I am designing a custom header template and I want a custom div box to match exactly the fluid width of the navbar, however I can't seem to get it quite right.

I have removed everything from the header template, so the custom div I am creating has the next parent of '.page'... as does the navbar template.

Does anyone know how the navbar width is calculated? I've looked and tried everything and keep being off by small amounts.

Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this for me.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Put "$spacer_open" back in your header template. It is what actually sets up the page, borders and overall size. The navbar width is 100% within the space allowed. The overall space is controlled by the Main Table Width under:
    Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> %Your Style% -> Stylevars (on All Style Options Dropdown)
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• kevinmanphp
      • Jul 2005

Hey Wayne,

Thanks for the hint on $spacer_open. I just put another instance of $spacer_open at the very top of the header template and set my custom div to 100% and it worked like a charm! Thanks Wayne!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...