"Reason for Editing" problem or normal function?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdebler
    • May 2001

"Reason for Editing" problem or normal function?

On some user groups on my forum, the option of "Show edited by note on edited messages?" is set to NO. Works fine, except for when editing a post, if anything is entered in the "Reason for Editing" field and then the entire "edited note" appears to all, even unregistered/not logged in users.

When going back to re-edit the post and removing what was in the "Reason for Editing" field, the "edited note" still appears.

Is this a normal?
    -Jason
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Yes, that is normal.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jdebler
      • May 2001

Thanks, Steve. Just wanted to make sure, I never noticed it before.
      -Jason

Comment

• Andy
        • Jan 2002
        • 4.1.x

The "Reason for Editing" question has to be one of the most frequently asked questions on vBulletin.com.

I sure hope the vBulletin team will address this simple fix in version 4.0.

To start with I'd like to see a master switch to disable the "Reason for Editing" field altogether. I have never used this function and allow my members to add a note to their post if they have have added new data and would benefit from this message.

Comment

• jdebler
          • May 2001

Originally posted by Andy
          The "Reason for Editing" question has to be one of the most frequently asked questions on vBulletin.com.
          Whoops! I did a search but only found results for 3.6 and didn't think it was appropriate when I am referring to my 3.7 install.
          -Jason

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...