X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldengine
    • Oct 2004
    • 3.7.x

Font Size Abuse - limit size bbcode

The earlier versions on this forum are full of requests to limit font sizes, but no one has a good answer. I have limited the dropdown size in the editor, but users can still enter the bbcode manually [ size = ].

Surely there must be a solution to this problem, but I've looked here and on vbulletin.org without results. The size command must be interpreted somewhere. Can't we simply put a cap on it?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can remove the sizes from the drop down under Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Toolbar Menu Options (on All Style Options dropdown).

However you can't stop them from using it manually without a code modification. The size code simply uses predefined values present in HTML.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Andy
      • Jan 2002
      • 4.1.x

Just disable it in your Admin CP

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> BB Code Settings -> Allow Size BB Code -> unchecked

Comment

• oldengine
        • Oct 2004
        • 3.7.x

I don't want to disable it. I want to limit it so that the 5, 6 and 7 sizes simply aren't there. I have already removed those sizes from the drop down editor, but wiseacres know they can use the SIZE bbs code.

Short of yanking them from vbulletin_textedit.js there must be a simple way of handling this in a template? Yes, I've checked vbulletin.org.

Comment

• Andy
          • Jan 2002
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by oldengine
          I don't want to disable it. I want to limit it so that the 5, 6 and 7 sizes simply aren't there. I have already removed those sizes from the drop down editor, but wiseacres know they can use the SIZE bbs code.

Short of yanking them from vbulletin_textedit.js there must be a simple way of handling this in a template? Yes, I've checked vbulletin.org.
          Hacking vbulletin_textedit.js is a great way to accomplish what you want to do. Just add a line of code that substitutes 5, 6 and 7 sizes with the default size.

Comment

• oldengine
            • Oct 2004
            • 3.7.x

Very carefully, on my test forum.

Comment

• Gladius
              • Dec 2002
              • 3.8.x

Wayne, how about moving this to the suggestions forum? I think that properly limiting it is really something that should have been implemented ages ago. Right now the only practical solution is to either turn it off completely or constantly deal with idiots abusing it. At least allowing for basic limiting of it to a certain size only should be possible. The same goes for colours...
              Former endorsement revoked. You know the saying - one rotten apple spoils the whole barrel...

Comment

• oldengine
                • Oct 2004
                • 3.7.x

Fine by me to move it. Thanks.

Comment

• Dimoks
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Andy
                  Hacking vbulletin_textedit.js
                  Hi

Please help me hacking this js file..... Thx!

Comment

• peterska2
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 3.7.x

We do not provide support for customizations. You will need to post at www.vbulletin.org for help with this.

Comment