Geek Auto-Link 4.8
    Geek Gazette 1.00
    NoSpam! 3.0
    vB Ad Management 3.14
    vB.Sponsors 2.0.0
    vBSEO 3.0.0 RC8
    vBSEO :: Sitemap Generator 1.7
    Welcome Headers 4.2.2

I would like to update without any mods and start fresh with fresh installs of some of the mods and not reinstall others.

I want to get rid of any orphaned files so my board is clean.

What is the best way to do this?

Should I just go to "Plugins and Products" and uninstall all mods before upgrading or is there more to it?

Is this a wise move to want to start fresh even though I will have to take the time to reload mods?

I figure this way I can get the latest mods that are made for 3.7 and not worry about incompatibilities from old mods.

Thank you.
    ===========
    Brian
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Each of those should have an Uninstall option in the Product Manager. Uninstall them and then delete their files.

I just upgrade my forums with my mods installed. Check and see if they work with 3.7.0 first or if you need an upgrade. Apply any upgrades before you take the forums live again. This way you don't lose the mods data and have to start over from scratch.

I know that there is a new version of Welcome Headers that takes advantage of the Notice system in vBulletin 3.7.0. AME works fine in 3.7.0, NoSpam! is replaced by a default feature in 3.7.0. Unsure about the rest.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...