• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slibya
    • May 2008
    • 3.7.x

admin cannot login

Hi,

I just upgraded my vb 3.6.8 to 3.7.0 but for this i downloaded my forum SQL and then uploaded the SQL with a new name and uploaded all the files of 3.7.0 in new folder

then I used the install option and it says you already have vbulletin, need upgrade or new installation. I go for upgrade. everything goes fine and in the end, when i try to get access to my admincp, the window appears "thank you for loging in" and come back to the same admincp username and password window.

I try several time, I disable all plugins through config.php " define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); " but still it the same , welcome messege appears and then back to username and password window.

how can I get access to my admincp now.. ?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...