• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mecho
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.6.x

No Sig,Avatar New Option !

Hi ,

I like to add an option to my forum that let users ( depends of their usergroup or their post count ) to decide that they want to see signatures and Avatars OR Not !

it will help to load the site much faster for them ALSO it will help the Server for sure .

Any idea ?
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

First you need to set New Registrants not to be able to view these elements after registration by editing vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > User Registration Options > Default Registration Options
    Display Signatures
    Display Avatars

# template: modifyoptions
    # find and remove code.

Code:
    $checked[showsignatures]
    $checked[showavatars]
    Maintenance > Execute SQL Query > Automatic Query > (Select Display -Signature/Avatar [Off])

Now all groups will have option set disable... Not quite done.
    User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Options > Thread Display Options > Visible Post Elements

You next have to add a conditional statement around the code that shows those two elements check box option.

# template: modifyoptions
    # add proper statement to only show to selected groups.
    # XYZ = usergroup (id)
    Code:
    <if condition="is_member_of($bbuserinfo, X,Y,Z)"> Elements </if>

Comment

• mecho
      • Sep 2006
      • 3.6.x

Ah great . so if i will do all these steps then a new option will appear in user options like : "Turn off the Signature and Avatars" and when they check this option then all signatures and avatars will not shows up for them . right ??

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

Everyone will have this option disabled, thats until the group that are allowed to see these options enabled again. You can post a 'Notice' to this group and tell them to enable it back on.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...