X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ricker
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.6.x

Error: Can't edit forum styles via AdminCP

I am getting a 404 or a "Precondition Failed" when trying to edit the stylevars for my new style. I've re-uploaded text files in ASCII, tried making new stylesheets (for the front end, which didn't work) and I'm out of ideas. This is the URL that I'm having issues with. Is it a permissions issue?

forum/admincp/css.php?do=update (yes the file exists on the server

Thanks so much.
    MyJeepRocks!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Enable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ricker
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.6.x

I've filled out a support ticket. Thanks so much as always Steve.
      MyJeepRocks!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Reposting my response from your ticket here:
        The most likely cause of this response is a mod_security setting. The mod_security module will send this response when a portion of the web request data that one of our servers received is likely to be malicious.

If it is necessary to disable this protective feature you can do this using a .htaccess directive:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
        SecFilterEngine Off
        SecFilterScanPOST Off
        </IfModule>

Please Note: This will disable mod_security for the directory that the .htaccess file is located in, and the subdirectories below the .htaccess file. If you wish to enable it for subdirectories you can do so by using the following .htaccess directive:

SecFilterEngine On
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...