Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arshes Nei
    • Mar 2003

Usergroups Permissions

I have been trying to create a custom usergroup based from our Registered users group but with edits to work with the infraction manager. However, when creating a copy of the group, it doesn't allow the viewer to use the forums at all.

They'll receive the you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

No Permissions Page.

However, the permissions say they can view the forum so is there another setting I'm missing here?

Using 3.7
  • GHOwner
    • Jun 2007
    • 3.8.x

Check permissions on the forum itself as well as the usergroup. There are two sets of permissions.

Also, you mean they can't view any part of the forums? Not the main page? Not the User CP? Etc? In that case, check the Usergroup permissions first.

Comment

• Arshes Nei
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by GHOwner
      Check permissions on the forum itself as well as the usergroup. There are two sets of permissions.

Also, you mean they can't view any part of the forums? Not the main page? Not the User CP? Etc? In that case, check the Usergroup permissions first.
      They can't access any part at all. These permissions are set to yes, so this shouldn't be an issue.

I tried copying a Moderators permission group and have the same issue.

I didn't have this issue when trying to copy administrators, however, it would ignore removing html markup when copied and still use the markup from the group.
      Last edited by Arshes Nei; Fri 16 May '08, 1:01pm.

Comment

• Arshes Nei
        • Mar 2003

Figured it out. It's the product for Advanced CMPS that's causing the error, we've disabled it and now things are fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...