X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lifanovsky
    • Oct 2004

Allow edit tags in closed section

Hello!

I have an "Archive" section on my forum, which has a various sub-sections that are viewable to public but nobody can post there anymore. I have just found out that I can't add tags to threads in these section. Is there somewhere a switch that will allow add tags to threads in closed sections?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru
  • Jose Amaral Rego
    • Feb 2005
    • 1.1.x

Create a user with administrators permission to edit vBulletin options / forum permission and private message me with the details and I will see what is going on or if Staff ask then let them in.

Enable these option, so I can poke around. I do not have 3.7.0, but I have been working on other members site and know about some of the new functions added since 3.7.0 Beta 5.

Can Administer Styles
    Can Administer Forums
    Can Administer Threads
    Can Administer User
    Can Administer User Permissions
    Can Administer Plugins

i know that I have reported that as being a bug, but I thought they place a setting within usergroup or at least have it in vbulletin options if not a forum permission.
    Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Tue 13 May '08, 6:49pm. Reason: grammer

Comment

• lifanovsky
      • Oct 2004

Didn't quite get it, why should I give you an admin since you have no prediction of what you are looking for. I have enough experience with adminestering vBulletin, but I just know that sometimes its hard to find a certain switch in the settings, and also sometimes its not quite clear whether something is a bug or a feature. 8)

So thank you very much but I better wait until someone from the support gets on the stage here.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

I am just going by memory, but it not to many places that option can be added to. Usergroup/forum permission and vBulletio options.

It was a bug in on this forum...

Comment

• lifanovsky
          • Oct 2004

You're totally right - and this bug is quite old, should have been fixed in Beta 1... But still I have everything turned on but still can't edit tags in closed forums... Does support see this thread?
          Last edited by lifanovsky; Sun 11 May '08, 4:36pm.

Comment

• lifanovsky
            • Oct 2004

Just checked - I can't add tags to threads in closed forums on this site (vbulletin forum) either. Is this a feature? Is there still a way to change it? Anyone?

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
              • Feb 2005
              • 1.1.x

That was the bug? That you can add tags to a closed forum. It should have option that administraor can override that setting if forum is closed, then only the moderator groups (admin/mods) are allowed to add tags to closed forums. Might not see this option added for another couple of years, unless the Developers work on it around the clock and forget about solving bug problems or Kier, Freddie Bingham, Scott MacVicar, Mike Sullivan, Marco van Herwaarden and the code reader team gets clone by the people of the Roslin Institute.

Comment

• lifanovsky
                • Oct 2004

Finally, can someone from support do me a favour and answer my question?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

Originally posted by lifanovsky
                  Hello!

I have an "Archive" section on my forum, which has a various sub-sections that are viewable to public but nobody can post there anymore. I have just found out that I can't add tags to threads in these section. Is there somewhere a switch that will allow add tags to threads in closed sections?
                  You will need to open those forums to new posts to do that.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• lifanovsky
                    • Oct 2004

Is there a hope that this can be a new option in future release? It is quite convinient to allow tagging old threads without allowing to post in the section...

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Please feel free to make a feature request here:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...