X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jilly
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.7.x

ignore list is not working

for some reason my users are having trouble with the ignore list, it isnt workign - i had them clear everyone off their list, log out, log back in and re-add the person but they still aren't being ignored yet
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

What do you mean, exactly? I placed you on my ignore list for a moment, and I see the "This user is on your ignore list."

... although, even while you're on ignore, I can still see your thread on the forum listing, and reply to your thread.

What are the problems your having?
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by jilly
      .... but they still aren't being ignored yet
      The Ignore List is for you to ignore the people on your list. It isn't to force them to ignore you.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• jilly
        • Apr 2001
        • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Onimua
        What do you mean, exactly? I placed you on my ignore list for a moment, and I see the "This user is on your ignore list."

... although, even while you're on ignore, I can still see your thread on the forum listing, and reply to your thread.

What are the problems your having?

Exactly - in the past, on 3.5.4, when someone placed a user on their ignore list, then they did not see the users' posts or threads, and any posts the user made did not show up in the new posts list. But now, when a user puts someone on ignore, they are still seeing all their info like normal. As if they were not on ignore.

Note - mods and above could always still see the threads and reply, but normal members couldn't.

Comment

• jilly
          • Apr 2001
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by U2Lynne
          The Ignore List is for you to ignore the people on your list. It isn't to force them to ignore you.
          Yes I know that
          But the issue is, people are putting others on their ignore list, and it isnt working. They still see their posts like normal.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by jilly
            Yes I know that
            But the issue is, people are putting others on their ignore list, and it isnt working. They still see their posts like normal.
            Are they seeing the whole posts like normal or seeing a truncated post that says something like "This user is on your Ignore List, would you like to take him off of ignore." (or something like that.) vb, by default, shows that message and you also still see the user listed when they are the last poster in a thread, etc. I went and installed a couple of mods from vb.org that makes it so that "This user is on your Ignore List..." post doesn't show up - you simply never see anything/post regarding your ignored user.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• jilly
              • Apr 2001
              • 3.7.x

Are they seeing the whole posts like normal or seeing a truncated post that says something like "This user is on your Ignore List, would you like to take him off of ignore." (or something like that.) vb, by default, shows that message and you also still see the user listed when they are the last poster in a thread, etc. I went and installed a couple of mods from vb.org that makes it so that "This user is on your Ignore List..." post doesn't show up - you simply never see anything/post regarding your ignored user.
              I havent had time to troubelshoot it msyelf yet, but now that you say that, I think I also had a mod installed that was something like 'true ignore' or 'real ignore' over there, so it made it that you saw absolutley nothing if an ignored user posted.. If you rememebr those links that would be great

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Looking at my Installed Mods list on vb.org, it looks like these are the two:
                Hide View-Posts-link to post from User who is on posters Ignore List
                Hide ignored users' threads

Comment

• jilly
                  • Apr 2001
                  • 3.7.x

Looking at my Installed Mods list on vb.org, it looks like these are the two:
                  Hide View-Posts-link to post from User who is on posters Ignore List
                  Hide ignored users' threads
                  thanks lynne, those may be the ones i had before - i will try them!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...