Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeeperImage
    • Nov 2001

Error: Security token was missing or mismatched - URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED

This is a real pain in the ass. I've been an client for nearly 7 years, maybe longer, and this is by far the worst upgrade I've endured. It has rendered my site almost useless. I am very frustrated here. I have been a huge vbulletin advocate through the years and have sent at least 10 clients your way.

I did everything the sticky has asked me to try and fix this error (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268862), yes I read it 4 times to make sure I didn't screw something up or miss a step.

I disabled all plugins, deleted all XML files, using the Suspect File script to locate them. I created a the new skin, no dice. Still getting the same damn error.

I tried both FireFox and IE7. Deleted all my cookies and cache which is a pain in the butt to do as I now have to log in to 20+ sites I browse daily. Restarted my machine, nothing. I've had 4 of my moderators try and trouble shoot this with me, and they get the same issue.

Maybe I am an idiot, but I am about to pull my hair out. I waited until Gold in hopes that you guys would have worked out the majority of the major issues, and this is a major one. I guess you guys really did pull the bread out of the oven too soon.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
    Cobbcountyforums.com
  • Black Tiger
    • Mar 2001

Maybe the problem is in your portal software? I just tried to have a look and I encounter this one:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function print_portal_output() in /home/tanabe10/public_html/index.php on line 47
    Looks to me there are more problems?
    Greetings, Black Tiger

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

What is the specific form that is causing the security token error?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• DeeperImage
        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Black Tiger
        Maybe the problem is in your portal software? I just tried to have a look and I encounter this one:

Looks to me there are more problems?

I disabled the plugin for vbp, that's why it is erroring out.
        Cobbcountyforums.com

Comment

• DeeperImage
          • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          What is the specific form that is causing the security token error?
          Members are getting them in random places. I'm getting it when I try to delete a blog post. I downloaded the latest version and uploaded right after I did 3.7.0 update.
          Cobbcountyforums.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

If you this is you site, then you are definitely running add-ons:

A forum community dedicated to Nissan 240SX owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, builds, engine swaps, turbos, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Fatal error: Call to undefined function print_portal_output() in /home/tanabe10/public_html/index.php on line 47
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DeeperImage
              • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              If you this is you site, then you are definitely running add-ons:

A forum community dedicated to Nissan 240SX owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, builds, engine swaps, turbos, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Steve I am, but I deleted almost all of them except for vbp which I disabled but turned it back a few minutes ago since this is my busiest time and I am already getting emails from people reporting the errors. I was getting ready to go to bed so I didn't want to leave the site broken over night. If you try that link again it is working. I had disabled because I was following the instruction in the sticky thread which said to disable and remove all add-ons and xml files.
              Cobbcountyforums.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Okay, but as long as you are running add-ons, then you have not followed the instructions in that link.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• DeeperImage
                  • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  Okay, but as long as you are running add-ons, then you have not followed the instructions in that link.
                  Steve the link said yuo could disable them, which I did when I was doing testing, and I deleted every add-on I had. I still go the error message, it made no difference at all. I can delete it but I know it won't make a difference.
                  Cobbcountyforums.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

I honestly do not know any way to get that error with the default vB code and templates - and no add-ons. If you feel different, then please feel free to report this in the Bug Tracker.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Michelle
                      • Jul 2005
                      • 3.7.x

I had that problem with an ajax mod I had written and couldn't find the cause. Updating from RC4 to gold solved the issue. Is your vB version up to date?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...